Why study Australian Studies?
Australian Studies is an interdisciplinary minor available within the School of Humanities, Communications and Social Sciences which allows students to select units from a range of academic areas. This approach allows students to develop a broad understanding of Australian cultures, lifestyles and societies: who we are, where we have come from and the challenges for our future. The minor contributes to a flexible knowledge base which can be applied to a wide range of vocational areas as part of an Arts degree.
Where can it lead?
Career opportunities for a Bachelor of Arts graduate include:
- Public service
- Political adviser
- Research officer
- Communications industry
- Associate Degree in Arts and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Communication)
- Bachelor of Arts (Journalism)
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science
- Bachelor of Community Welfare and Counselling
Students wishing to undertake a minor in Australian Studies must complete four units.
Meet Professor of History
Professor Erik Eklund (11.98 Kb)