David Wolstencroft MPRIA
Lecturer in Communications, Public Relations and Writing
BA (Hons) BA (media+comm) DipCA
David Wolstencroft has taught Public Relations in the School of Humanities, Communication and Social Science at Monash University, Gippsland Campus, since January 2008. Prior to this, David taught PR at RMIT Business TAFE in the School of Advertising, International Trade & Marketing. While at RMIT David also co-ran a corporate communications consultancy based in Melbourne, Australia that specialised in public relations writing. David’s clients were as diverse as solicitors drafting emergency and distance policy and legislation for South East Asian Legislators, American venture capitalists, Australian student unions and Spanish property developers. David’s consultancy also contributed to projects for Babcock and Brown and international electronic and mobile phone manufacturers. From 2004-2006, David volunteered as an Editorial Assistant at Overland Magazine.
Publications in Journals
- “Structuring Ambiguity: teaching public relations through a 'real world' virtual consultancy.” Asia Pacific Journal of Public Relations (forthcoming), David Wolstencroft and Beth Edmondson.
- “Brigid Rooney, Literary Activists: Writer-Intellectuals and Australian Public Life.” Labour History Vol 97 November 2009 P.236-237 “The Terrorist” Overland, no. 194 (2009)
- "The Use and Abuse of Lawson." Overland, no. 181 (2005): 102.
- "An Activist History." Overland, no. 177 (2004): 107-08.
- "Intergalactic Space Mission." New England Review, no. 21 (2005): 3.
- "The Clothes on the Line." Island, no. 89 (2002): 125-26.
Founding Editor: Magazine
Zest (2007) for Babcock and Brown www.babcockbrown.com/
‘Relaxed and Comfortable? Challenging John Howard’s Australia’. Victorian Trades Hall, 10-11 March 2006.
- Organising Committee
- Delivered paper "John Howard's Politics of Infantilisation."
- Chaired Session
European Australian Studies Association. “Solutions/Dissolutions.” 22-25 September 2009. University of the Balearic Islands, Spain.
- Delivered paper: In a Class of Its Own: Overland’s Early Years September, 2009
Public Relations Industry Association Academic Conference, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane. October, 2009.
- Delivered paper: Structuring Ambiguity: teaching public relations through a 'real world' virtual consultancy. David Wolstencroft and Beth Edmondson.
|Telephone:||+61 3 990 26757|
|Address:||School of Humanities, Communications & Social Sciences
Monash University, Gippsland Campus
Churchill, Victoria 3842, Australia