Standard Teaching Times
As per the University's Timetabling Procedures (Item 2.3.1 Standard Teaching Times):
- activities are programmed to start on the hour but teaching will commence at 5 minutes past the scheduled start time and end at 5 minutes prior to the scheduled end time;
- all classes must vacate the teaching venue 10 minutes prior to the starting time of the next class (see dot point above);
- duration of classes should preferably be in multiples of 60 minute blocks;
- a one-hour lunch break between the hours of 11:00am and 3:00pm will be allocated to all teaching staff and student sets;
- occupational health and safety policies must be observed;
- classes will be spread evenly over a full week - faculties that adopt patterns of timetabling that do not utilise all days of the week and late afternoons may be given lower priority in room allocation.