Ms Elizabeth Hart
|Phone:||+61 3 990 47040|
|Fax:||+61 3 990 47037|
Elizabeth is a former regional press journalist, subeditor, and in 2009 chief of staff for the Star News Group. She joined the journalism program at James Cook University in North Queensland in 1999 and joined Monash University in 2001. In 2004 on behalf of Monash University she led the training team for the media unit of the Iraqi Special Tribunal, an AusAid-funded project. She is a foundation member and past president of the Community Newspaper Association of Victoria and has given presentations by invitation to municipal seminars at South Gippsland and Warragul councils.
Current research project
- Newspaper reportage and articles (1989-2013)
- Guest editor Lorne Independent February edition (2011)
- Hart, E. (2010) "Vintage business; changing times" in Ink In Our Veins, 100 years of Melbourne: Star News Group.
- Style Guide Star News Group 2009
- Hart, E. (2008) "Media Ownership" in Bainbridge, J., Goc, N. and Tynan, L. Media & Journalism. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- Hart, E. and Tynan, L. (2008) "Writing Features" in Bainbridge, J., Goc, N. and Tynan, L. Media & Journalism. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- Hart, E. (2008) "Finding Information" in Bainbridge, J., Goc, N. and Tynan, L. Media & Journalism. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- Hart, E. (2005) Profile Interview Book Author, Richards, I. Quagmires and Quandaries, in Asia Pacific Media Educator No 16, December 2005.
- Hart, E. (2003) "Challenges of Country Journalist" in Siddiqi, K. (Ed) Journos on Journalism. Melbourne: Monash University.
- Hart, E. (2001) "Journalism Education and Rural Newspaper Standards" in Asia Pacific Media Educator, No. 10, January-June 2001.
- Guest editor non fiction: Literature in North Queensland (2000) Department of Humanities, School of Arts and Social Sciences, Queensland: James Cook University.
Elizabeth has taught various journalism and related units including:
- Newsroom Practice and Theory
- Feature Writing
- Editing for Print Media
- Media Law
- Journalism Ethics
- Public Relations
- Presentations by invitation to municipal training seminars
Expert media commentary
- Country print media
- Not-for-profit community newspapers